The use of touch to promote a sense of physical and emotional well-being is one of the oldest of all natural therapies. Massage has an immediate physiological effect on the local area of the body being worked on and it also affects the whole body through stimulation and relaxation of the muscles and the nerves. I qualified in Holistic Massage with ITEC summer 2011.
Your holistic massage can be combined with individually-blended aromatherapy oils, and a popular treatment combination is back, neck and shoulders massage together with reflexology or facial rejuvenation within the hour session.
I can also do deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy, pregnancy massage, and myofascial release.
- improve skin tone
- encourage better circulation
- encourage better lymph drainage and boost immunity
- relieve muscle fatigue, soreness and stiffness and improve muscle suppleness
- relieve tired, stiff joints
- promote general relaxation
- encourage sleep
- speed up digestion and waste removal, and balance the digestive system
- relax the nervous system
- relax and soothe the body, thereby reducing tension and the effects of stress
- relax the mind, thereby reducing anxiety and its effects
- give a ‘lift’ to the emotions and increase positive feelings
- increase energy and reduce fatigue